32 Comments

• 2013/08/21

Thanks Penny! Drove me nuts and I think that poor kid will always remember “his” crazy neighbor. *laugh*

• 2013/03/29

Oh so you used to play ball in the house?
      I think I’m gonna start yelling at passersby to get off the grass 😀

1. 2013/03/14

Haha, that’s pretty funny – though I’m sure it didn’t seem that way at the time… 😉 I’m currently staying in a hostel where the room next door decided they would start playing guitar at 7 in the morning; scratch that, learn how to play guitar at 7 in the morning. Their strumming was as annoying as that tennis ball. 😉

• 2013/03/14

Hiya Audrey thanks for Stopping!
      So glad you empathize. There’s just something deeply annoying about repetitive noise
      *clenches fist* *exaggerated snarl* *laugh*
      Btw… Love your recent post – I’d step up to be your first customer should you make post cards.
      *nudge* *shrug*

2. Yes, yes, yes! Noise that may be charming at 11AM is nothing but annoying at 11PM. Glad to know I am not the only one that has almost lost it.

• 2013/03/09

Jonathan, You have more patience than me.
      It was daylight but it had been going on for a ‘while’ over multiple days.
      Funny how ‘parental’ I’m becoming as I age.
      Last week, I caught myself exclaiming I just don’t get what these kids call music. *laugh*

3. 2013/03/06

Hilarious. These types of things drive me absolutely insane!!

• 2013/03/07

Abby, I’m still not sure which of us was more stunned by my outburst. *laugh*
      So glad you stopped to read (and comment) – btw, thoroughly enjoyed your recent post, “How to take the perfect picture”
      So many angles I’d never considered before.

4. 2013/03/05

Too funny- I lived near campus for many years- ohhhh the times that something like this happened, too numerous to count. I miss the chaos (sometimes) :-)

• 2013/03/05

Erik, this is the third city where I lived w/in 1/8 mile of campus and it’s always the same…
      Most days/nights there’s little to write home about, no chaos.
      But about once per month one of the kids provides a fantastic “Head Tilt” moment.
      Glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you here again. :-)

5. 2013/03/03

Haha, I bet he was surprised! In terms of things to blurt, though, it could have been worse…at least it didn’t include the phrase “young whippersnapper!”

• 2013/03/04

Callie – I plan to start yelling, “Get off my lawn” at passersby –
      despite that I live in an apt bldg surrounded by a sea of asphalt.
      Kids these days! *scowl*
      *laugh*

6. 2013/03/01

All this is strange and funny but you can not fight with kids. But I must say one thing that Thunk-thunk, thunk-thunk, thunk-thunk makes me laugh.

• 2013/03/01

Peter, you’re very wise, arguing with kids will get you… nowhere. :-)
      Very glad to hear it made you laugh.

• 2013/02/27

DJ, Cheap rent near campus – guess I’m getting what I pay for. :-/
      On the UP side, there’s a LIVE Reality show weekly *laugh*

7. 2013/02/27

Continued chuckles. Perfect narrative on familiar occurrence. We’ve all been there. Really pulled me in to see what happened. Thanks for the laugh.

• 2013/02/27

Thanks Randy – heartwarming to know I gave you a laugh today.
      I’d planned a more controlled and courteous speech, but the words sprang forth.
      Ugh! *laugh*

8. 2013/02/25

Oh, my! You kept me intrigued all way down, and what a release! Smiling right now :)
    and waiting for a new story titled Payback that starts with “thunk-thunk” coming from your apartment 😉

• 2013/02/25

Hey Memo – just show up with that Polaroid and we’ll get ’em!
      I swear, days go by and nothing happens then suddenly it’s like living within a reality TV show.
      Wow!

9. 2013/02/25

haha hilarious. He must have been really stunned.
    I agree the sound of that is really annoying,
    definitely would prefer the singing then :-)

• 2013/02/25

Freya, I’ll tell you, Some days my ‘hood is similar to being ON a reality TV show.

Btw… He’s the “songbird’s” roommate. *raises brow* :-/

10. 2013/02/25

Haha! I like the title, sort of a double entendre for your story…

• 2013/02/25

Thanks Colleen – most of my titles have a twist based on something in the story or are part of sentence/descriptor from within – helps me later on when trying to recall just what I have written. *laugh*
      Appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to comment – it means a lot! *grin*

• 2013/02/25

David Yeah, he looked pretty freaked out and I was feeling really self-conscious after that.

• 2013/02/27

Sam, you know kids these days often cruise with mouth open and sport a stunned look naturally but his jaw did hit the floor.
          And I wonder why none of the kids in the building will stop for a chat when they see me. Ha!

11. 2013/02/25

Funny stuff! He must have been like, in shock mode, like, WTF, OMFG, wholy sh*t… I wonder how he reacted, or if the story was fiction. In the summer with the windows open I used to have to listen to the lady of the second floor next door yelling and screaming in swears at her loved ones on a regular basis, was kinda tough, ah the potential of the human existence…

• 2013/02/25

E.D. – all true stories here. I think there was a definite air of “WTF!?” and perhaps a pinch of “crazy b…!” and I wonder why so few of the kids chat with me on the steps or in the laundry. *laugh*