36 Comments

• 2013/03/10

Saffron is an amazing spice and a beautiful color.

1. 2013/02/14

Oops.. When I saw the title I thought more of a dinner with a huge bill, rather than Bill 😛 Good on you, looking forward to the rest of the story 😉

• 2013/02/14

Angela, as you know from your site (Chasing the Unexpected) – the unexpected is what usually occurs. *grin*
      The story with Bill is most likely at a close, a short story indeed, but there are so many more out there to create, right? *laugh*
      Thanks for stopping by and happy to hear you enjoyed Dinner with Bill

• 2013/01/27

NVR, Thanks for stopping by.
      No telling what 2013 will bring –
      I’ll definitely leave space in the margins. :-)

2. ah the delights of dining alone, never a dull moment, never a moment of no eyes on you 😉

• 2013/01/26

Tasha, you speak the truth. Dining, traveling solo – Think the single number lends itself to approachability.
      Comes back around to a phenomena I call Festival Friends

3. Colleen Brynn
    2013/01/26

Yes, I am definitely one for the imagination too. It’s definitely necessary to have a handful of encounters that weren’t pursued. Much more romantic!

• 2013/01/26

Colleen you’re so wise. As it is, we can all remain in a state of blissful infatuation.
      Some things in life are perfect as notes in the margins.
      Here’s to finding space in those margins – throughout 2013.
      *raises glass* *grin*

4. 2013/01/26

I’m glad that you enjoyed your dinner and the company, a shame there will not be a part 2.

• 2013/01/26

Sequels often foster disenchantment but they can also introduce more interesting characters or a better cast list.
      We’ll have to wait and see. 😉

5. 2013/01/25

I love those moments while traveling! Almost better when they end like that, so you can let your imagination go…

• 2013/01/25

Abby you hit the nail on the head – far better to let the intrigue roll. :-)
      Btw, enjoyed your recent post on your ‘notoriously bad’ driving and hitting the pro track in Vegas. Good stuff

6. 2013/01/24

I concur with the others… great trailer, but what about the movie?

• 2013/01/24

Thanks for stopping by Jeff and sadly, there won’t be a feature film or even a short of this… Bill is legally bound to someone else.

7. thetimecrunchedtraveler
    2013/01/23

Aww, I’m sad reading the comments. I was hoping for more Bill in the future!

• 2013/01/23

Thanks Justin & Ellen! Bill isn’t single but feel free to introduce me to one of your friends. *laugh*

8. 2013/01/22

Saffron is really luxe! Bill sounds like good company. And what a great memory to have.

• 2013/01/22

Thanks Sherry – if you ever get over to Dahlia Lounge on 4th Ave, look for Bill :-)

• 2013/01/22

Thanks Laura and enjoyed you piece on the Hotels For Bilbiophiles :-)

• 2013/01/16

*laugh* *snort* You guys are ganging up on me! *hands on hips, stern look*
      Bill’s married but if you’d like to Introduce me to a single (as in not married) man…
      *wink*

9. 2013/01/16

What a deliciously lovely evening. Also, you left me hanging – was there more Bill?!? There has to be! We want more! :)

• 2013/01/16

Callie, like the way you think, but alas… Bill belongs to someone else. Should ask if he has a single brother *laugh*

10. 2013/01/16

Nice! Did you get Bill’s number? :-)

• 2013/01/16

Ali, murphy’s law was well at play… Bill is married.
      I’ll have to find out if he has a single brother. *naughty grin*

11. 2013/01/15

Awesome writing Maria, I love all your intricately detailed descriptions.

• 2013/01/16

Mark, Makes my day to read you enjoyed Dinner with Bill –
      now get out there on the street and show me another awesome meal!
      *big grin*

12. 2013/01/15

But did Bill pay for dinner?

Did he get dessert? *cough* I kid, don’t tell me. Bill sounds AWESOME.

• 2013/01/15

*laugh*
      No Erica he didn’t but I tipped him $20
      *big grin*

13. 2013/01/15

Love this! Felt like I was right there with you! Like the phrase ‘a cocoon of deep saffron’. Well done!

• 2013/01/15

Thanks Lisa, love it when readers can relate and it was the most amazing hue, all through the dining room – created an environment to linger in.

14. Barbra Brady
    2013/01/14

“Bill was beautiful.” love those words together.

• 2013/01/14