21 Comments

1. 2013/04/03

We don’t have roaches in our laundry room, but really tiny little creeps — the type that usually disappear when you turn on the light. Supposedly harmless, but I’m terrified of dropping something on the floor. Otherwise the description was very much alike ours … the driers are always out of order! :)

• 2013/04/03

OK Rebekah here’s what you do (now that I’m a pro you can trust my advice) –
      When going from washer to dryer, I put the wet clothes into the laundry bag.
      Took so many years for me to figure that one out! *hangs head in shame* *laugh*

• 2013/04/04

LOL. That’s what I do — that dawned on me out of necessity! It’s the part where they’re coming out of the drier … the table is close, so I just grab the load … but I’m really, really careful after seeing those guys on the floor.
        «signed, Lady Bug» :)

• 2013/04/04

Oh for the dryer, I now open the door at the end of the cycle,
          toss the laundry bag INSIDE the dryer
          and push the dry clothes into the bag.
          That way so I’m sure not to drop anything – live and learn, eh? Ha!

• 2013/04/04

Clever! That’s what I’ll bear in mind next time.

I now have a laundry hamper on wheels — the same type of construction as the suitcases … with a retractable handle! Cool, huh

2. 2012/12/11

Reading this gave me a little shiver too, and a good laugh. Finding a roach in the clean clothes would be my worst nightmare, but so would be getting caught picking through my neighbor’s laundry. Neither has happened yet, thank goodness! 😉

• 2012/12/11

Thanks for stopping by Laura. I know. *shakes head*
      If I’d been seen, what would be my defense? “No, really I’m not getting pervy with your duds, there was a roach, really.” *laugh*

3. 2012/12/07

Haha! I don’t know what would be worse – being caught with their laundry in your arms or them finding out you were responsible for the roach! I’d say you dodged a bullet :)

• 2012/12/07

True words there! Never experienced consecutive adrenalin rushes before.
      Whew!

Btw Callie, thoroughly enjoyed your post, “Cooking Thai Food, Like a Boss!”

• 2012/12/05

Justin, it warms my heart to ‘hear’ you laugh – so tell me, what would you have done… whistled while dropping coins to start your own load in the dryer, OR gone through the neighbor’s laundry with determination till you found the little carcass?

• 2012/12/05

Given that I have an unholy fear of insects, I must admit I would have probably just left it in there. Definitely worth it to hear the neighbor freak out though… it seems almost serendipitous… 😉

• 2012/12/05

One of the reasons I love reading your blog – your way with words and thanks for validating my actions.
          Now get to work on your next post! *wags finger* *grin*

4. Bren
    2012/12/05

LOVE that!

• 2012/12/05

Bren, Either you are the smartest man… or you have a ‘thing’ for palmettos and bunnies.
      Honored you stopped by and hope all’s well at Corner5Media – pretty cool site you have there!

5. 2012/12/05

this is so funny and really made me laugh this morning! I love the way you tied it all together for the funny ending! poor michael :( he must have some bad karma or something…. smile
    Thanks for sharing your story …. Love, Gerard

• 2012/12/07

Gerard, Thanks! If they hadn’t been arguing loudly about the roach, I’d never have known which neighbor the sunshine-bunny scented laundry belonged to.
      How weird would it be if I stopped by there and asked what soap they use? *knits brow and bites nail*

6. 2012/12/03

ooops that must have been a little disturbing for your neighbor :)

• 2012/12/03

I’m just thankful I wasn’t busted hugging their laundry.
      *laugh*